I’ve been really conflicted about my little space here on the web.
When I started writing it was a way for me to document the end of my recovery from my ED. I also had more time on my hands and was discovering a whole host of new workouts I loved. I felt like I had something to share and I enjoyed getting more involved in the wonderful world of blogging.
Since then, I got a new busier job, we bought a house and my eating disorder is a thing of the past. I have also finally found a life that I love here in Canada and I don’t feel as much of a need to write about the growth I was experiencing.
Hence the neglect around here. I still find myself thinking about what to write and about little things I want to share with you.
However, I often find I don’t have the time, can’t upload the pictures from my camera, am worried about how I might be perceived… and I let it go until it’s too late to write about it.
Does that make me a bad blogger? I also don’t have the time anymore to comment all the time even though I am still doing my best to read and catch up with you.
In the meantime, please allow me to ramble about life lately… One of the things I love about this process is being able to look back:
- The Scotsman has been calling me Halle Berry and his “James bond girl” when we have a hot tub and I wear a bikini. I tell him he looks like an Olympian. Yes, love makes you blind
- Having a hot tub it has been the best thing for our relationship. Spending time together in the garden, watching the snow fall, not TV / phone is great!
- We didn’t do anything for Valentine’s day and I’m happy with it. I got some extra cuddles in the morning and extra attention after work, that’s all I need
- Freddie is the cutest! I love watching him dig in the snow to retrieve a snow ball, and have him come up for a cuddle after spending time in the snow. I also love to see the Scotsman picking him up and interacting with him, carrying him like a baby.
- We had 25cm of snow a couple of nights ago. A nice change from the -30 dry weather we’ve been having.
- I love that my little (half) sister and (half) brother (10 and 13) are on Skype. They’re always messaging me during the day about their lives. Too cute
- I saw a friend I first met when we first moved to Canada at the week-end. I hadn’t seen her in 3 years. It’s amazing to see how far I’ve come and how much I love it here now. At the time I was really lost and struggling to adapt to life in a small mountain town.
- Going cross-country skiing on Sundays is one of my favorite things to do right now.
- (Sarcasm alert) I think I have mastered the dog walking winter casual chic thing at the week-end. I have to show you a pic of my cute leggings + big jumper + leash and handbag look…
- I’m excited to go back to Europe this summer! We’re going back for the Scotsman’s brother wedding!
- I have baby fever. Or at least baby obsession? Rather than avidly read about healthy living, I find myself drawn to blogs about babies / birth stories / nurseries… I guess there is something about approaching 30!
- We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. Since we’re doing it on the cheap (ie ourselves, with a friend making us custom doors) it’s a long frustrating project. Right now we have no doors on the cabinets and we’ve stripped all the paint but only half is sanded. It’s been a week. It’s driving me mad.